Hi! I’m Kristy the owner and writer of Chocolate Slopes. I am a registered dietitian with a Master of Public Health degree.
I’m a wife to an amazingly supportive husband, and mother to three adorable children under 5. After the birth of my first son, I became a stay at home mom, and was searching for a creative outlet and way to share my passion for nutrition in a positive, productive way, while trying to stay sane changing diapers, cleaning up constant messes and being an effective mommy and wife on a daily basis.
I started Chocolate Slopes in hopes to help other families lead a healthy lifestyle through tips and tricks on how to eat healthy and stay fit in this fast-paced, over-indulging, fast-food-on-every-corner type of country we live in.
I can be reached at email@example.com. Feel free to contact me with any questions, comments or ideas you would like to see on Chocolate Slopes. Thanks for stopping by!
Random Facts about Me
- I am OBSESSED with peanut butter and chocolate ANYTHING!
- My favorite all-time sport is snow skiing, after skiing in the mountains of Colorado, skiing on the hills in Michigan is slightly less exciting.
- My husband and I met country line dancing…not do-si-do…REAL line dancing at a country bar named Desperados.
- I went sky diving at the age of 18, it was an amazing experience; yet I will never do it again.
- I love running, triathlons, rollerblading and boating.
- I have a motorcycle endorsement and love to ride but don’t own a motorcycle.
- I have visited more major cities in Europe than I have in the U.S. Mostly thanks to studying abroad in Càceres, Spain in college.
- I am a registered dietitian and will admit it’s a constant challenge to eat healthy and exercise regularly . . . just because I have the knowledge, doesn’t mean I’m immune to temptations!
- Our kids birthdays are on the 3rd, 6th, and 9th in that birth order– you’d think we had planned it.
- I am active, extroverted, and adventurous, but at times can be the most serious person in the room—if you ask my mother, I’ve been that way since I could talk.